Newly Appointed Principals - Mentoring Service
The role of Principal as administrator, manager and leader is not only a position of great responsibility, but also one that is immensly challenging and rewarding. At the time of your appointment, it is understandable to feel a little overwhelmed at the high volume of information and initiatives requiring your response. In this respect, IPPN offers you the support of an experienced Principal in a mentoring capacity. The mentoring service is optional, but highly recommended to all Newly Appointed Principals. Benefits include:
- A non-judgemental 'listening post' with whom you can share experiences
- Advice on official form filling as well as contacts in DES & other agencies
- Confidential objective advice, when required, on any key decisions you need to make in your first year of Principalship
- Download your IPPN Mentor Request Form
- Download a Newly Appointed Principal - Contact Details Form.
1. Mailing list - email@example.com - this mailing list has been set up especially for all Newly Appointed Principals of 2012. On this mailing list you will be able to contribute to the debate, seek advice, pass on useful information and interact with your colleagues. Apart from some members of the IPPN Executive, who have agreed to facilitate this mailing list, the only contributors will be Newly Appointed Principals of 2012
2. Online training course - Ciall Ceannaithe for Newly Appointed Principals, which is available in July only
3. NAP Pack which includes:
- A Mentor Request form
- A Newly Appointed Principal Contact Details form
- IPPN Member Supports & Services information
- IPPN Sponsors and Partners information
4. Principal’s Information Management System (PIMS)
This is a desk diary that will provide your school with a comprehensive information management system. We can send you Section 3 of PIMS inserts which is date-related as we have these in stock for newly-appointed principals. For your copy, please complete the form from the following link PIMS order form
For the remaining content of PIMS, you will need to log on to www.ippn.ie and under the heading ‘Supports', select 'PIMS 2012/2013'. You can download the templates, print them off and place them in a lever arch file.
For further information on any of the above supports and services or to register your details with the IPPN Support Office please email Jackie on firstname.lastname@example.org.