Administrative & Teaching Principals’ Summer School 2016
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 28 June 2016 15:47
- Leadership and Learning – Reviewing, Rethinking and Refreshing Practice
IPPN will hold its first face-to-face Summer School specifically designed for Administrative Principals this July, in conjunction with its Summer School for Teaching Principals. These week-long courses, titled ‘Leadership and Learning – Reviewing, Rethinking and Refreshing Practice’ will take place from Monday, 4th July to Friday, 8th July in the Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Reflecting on and advancing leadership skill
- Improve planning as leaders
- Communicating effectively – individually and whole school based
- Discuss and exchange elements of best practice with other principals
- Allow for collaborative learning and professional dialogue
- Framework for Leadership Domains/school self-evaluation
- Reflecting on self-care within a challenging work environment
- Focused session on improving instructional leadership (teaching and learning)
- Specific focus on improving the quality of teaching and learning through SSE & SIP, and reporting to the school community.
Course Content will include:
- Self-Management and Self Care
- Instructional Leadership
- Knowing Yourself and knowing your team
- School Self-Evaluation
- School Improvement Plan
- Cultivating a Compassionate School
- Refreshing Your Life & Your Leadership
- Board of Management – Good Governance, Issues & Alerts
Who should attend?
- Administrative Principals
- Teaching Principals
- Acting Principals
When and where?
- Monday, 4th July to Friday, 8th July 2016 – 9.30am to 3pm
- Killeshin Hotel, Dublin Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
- If you wish to book accommodation please contact the hotel directly - www.thekilleshin.com
A charge of €95 per person is applicable. Fee includes event registration, refreshments and a light lunch each day. This course is an EPV approved summer course and qualifies for 3 EPV days.