Principal Leadership & Learning Blended Summer Course
- Last Updated: Thursday, 13 April 2017 14:58
IPPN are now offering a one week blended summer course to take place during the first week of July. The first 2 days will require viewing online from your home or while in school. For the remaining three days – Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Friday 7th – you will be required to attend one of two venues for the face to face element. The two locations that you can choose from are: Central Hotel, Donegal Town or Sheraton Athlone Hotel, Co. Westmeath.
Course content will include:
- Child Protection & Parental Complaints – Margaret Gorman
- Quality Framework – School Self Evaluation – Anna Mai Rooney
- Positive School Environment – Jacinta Kitt
- Mindfulness in Primary Schools – Ena Morley
- Policies in Schools – Jack Durkan
- ICT in Schools – Simon Lewis
- Leadership & Management – Donal Kerins
- Stress & Wellbeing – Anne Ryan
- Leading Inclusive Learning – SES Support Service Tutors
- Communication & HR Management
- Time Management
What are the benefits of attending?
- Reflecting on and advancing leadership skills
- Improve planning as leaders
- Discuss and exchange elements of best practice with other principals
- Allow for collaborative learning and professional dialogue
- Discuss and develop strategies for school self-evaluation
- Reflecting on self-care within a challenging work environment
- Practical ideas in developing pupil and teacher well-being.
Who should attend?
Current and acting Teaching Principals
Current and acting Administrative Principals
When and where?
Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th July – Online learning
Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Friday 7th – 9.30 am to 3pm in one of the following venues:
Central Hotel, Donegal Town and
Sheraton Athlone Hotel, Co. Westmeath
A charge of €95 per person is applicable. Fee includes access to the online platform, event registration, refreshments and a light lunch Wednesday - Friday.
This course is an EPV approved summer course and qualifies for 3 EPV days.