The conference took place on Thursday 19th May and Friday 20th May in Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin.
Shane Martin of Moodwatchers and Maria Doyle, IPPN President addressed the conference on Thursday evening. Professor Ciaran O'Boyle, Director of the RCSI was the keynote speaker on Friday afternoon. Deputy Principals Orla Ní Bhriain and Janette Kennedy facilitated the conference.
In addition to the keynote speakers, there were two seminar sessions on Friday. Participants chose from the following topics:
- Conflict - Managing the adult relationships in the school community - Angela Lynch
- Defining the Role of the Deputy Principal & Shared Leadership - Áíne Fitzpatrick (DP) and Enda McGorman
- DPmeet 2016 - David Foley (DP) and Kathleen Byrne
- Emotional wellbeing – making it the heart of the school community - Hilary McCarthy (DP) and Maria Doyle
- Special Education & Managing SNAs - Brigid Scully (DP)
- Using and Reducing the Use of Restrictive Practices and Physical Interventions in Irish Schools - Siobhán Allen
- What supports are available for Deputy Principals – including when acting up as Principal - Pat Goff & Rachel Hallahan.
Presentation materials that were made available can be accessed by clicking the Seminars links above. Additional materials, such as worksheets, can be accessed through the link below.