The conference took place on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th March in Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin.
To start things off, two Special Interest Groups convened on Thursday afternoon - newly-appointed DPs; and administrative DPs.
Four concurrent seminars were held on Thursday afternoon:
- Supports available to Deputy Principals - Pat Goff, Angela Lynch, Sarah McNamara
- The Power of One : DPMeet2017 - hosted by Kathleen Byrne and Ciara Brennan
- The Principal and Deputy Principal: A partnership in trust - Enda McGorman and Áíne Fitzpatrick
- Partnership Schools - Anna Mai Rooney.
At the plenary session on Thursday evening, Orla Ní Bhriain, Deputy Principal, welcomed attendees. David Ruddy, IPPN Deputy President and Declan Coyle addressed the conference.
On Friday morning, two concurrent seminar sessions were held on the following topics:
- Our eLearning Plan: a digital strategy for our school - Robbie O'Leary
- Child protection and parental complaints - Margaret Gorman
- New resource model - allocation of resources and its implementation - Pat Goff
- School Leadership and Looking at Our School 2016 (based on the new Leadership Domains and Standards) - Deirdre Mathews and Brian Mac Giolla Phadraig, DES Inspectorate
- Managing stress in your role as a deputy school leader - Ann Ryan and Donal Kerins.
IPPN President Maria Doyle facilitated the plenary session on Friday afternoon and introduced keynote speaker Joe O'Connell.
Presentation materials that were made available can be accessed by clicking the Seminars links above. Additional materials, such as worksheets, can be accessed through the link below.